Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What about Shopify?

I expect the company to grow quite well for a long, long period of time.
Yes, they are running up against some difficult comps, but their competitive position is outstanding and they live in a long term secular trend of growing e-commerce. You have SE on the list. But no SHOP.

---

Lots of great companies. I guess it just depends on how good each respective bargain looks in a market crash, when viewing their valuation and expected growth/TAM, etc etc...

I am admittedly not a SHOP expert.
I am leaning more towards ecommerce, as a nice balance to SPG. Basically saying that the world should keep consuming things, whether via bricks or clicks.

But I am not sure there is one winner takes all, and I am often not sure how some of these companies compete (or don't compete): SHOP, LSPD, GLBE, SE, AMZN. What about SQ?

I would include China tech, but there is no question in my mind that their stocks are cheap, but there is also no question in my mind that I have no idea what the value of an ADR is anymore, given China's unique govt impact, threats of delisting (by US or China) etc...

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.