Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I created this portfolio to prove a point: that a group of stocks in one-sector that move up and down together was the secret to winning this game. That idea worked for a while, but recently our leader Russell (aka TMFEldrehad) has been running away from the rest of us.

I closed most of my 5% winners on the day the XLE broke out to new highs, while oil was still basically trending lower.

As of today I dropped out of the top 3 and decided to add some new picks to get my score up (the accuracy is already okay). I intend to only choose the most obvious picks available to keep my accuracy high.

DALRQ incredibly overbought and overpriced on some temporary short-covering.

HEB a biotech with nothing to recommend it: running low on cash, and no interesting drug prospects.

TCHC is a very undervalued stock in a slightly risky industry.

As any oil stocks drop to new lows I will consider re-adding them to my portfolio. Otherwise I plan to gradually add any stocks that I believe are greatly over (or under) valued.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.