Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I created this portfolio to prove a point: that a group of stocks in one-sector that move up and down together was the secret to winning this game. That idea worked for a while, but recently our leader Russell (aka TMFEldrehad) has been running away from the rest of us.

I closed most of my 5% winners on the day the XLE broke out to new highs, while oil was still basically trending lower.

As of today I dropped out of the top 3 and decided to add some new picks to get my score up (the accuracy is already okay). I intend to only choose the most obvious picks available to keep my accuracy high.

DALRQ incredibly overbought and overpriced on some temporary short-covering.

HEB a biotech with nothing to recommend it: running low on cash, and no interesting drug prospects.

TCHC is a very undervalued stock in a slightly risky industry.

As any oil stocks drop to new lows I will consider re-adding them to my portfolio. Otherwise I plan to gradually add any stocks that I believe are greatly over (or under) valued.

Print the post Back To Top

Are you a day trader?

He's a month trader! (I'm a week trader in Caps myself, but not nearly as successful as Mr. Caps.)

Just a correction for those playing at home. Mr. Caps is short Nortwest right now, not Delta (as are a few other of us with questionable sanity), at least according to his scorecard.

I wish I could figure a play on CRF. All the shares are already shorted at Scottrade.

Dear mr Caps,

Please stop fooling us,please.

I send formal feedback To the Fools too.

Let take the manipulation of short positions.

I see in your portfolio as of close of the market on 01-12-2007 you have short position NSU -lit makes 22 % gain and S&P

makes 5 % gain.

System shows 27 % -is it really.

Nope-you made 22 and S&P 5 % gains.

Real diferrence is 22-5=17

WHAT ABOUT WHEN THIS GAINS ARE CLOSE TO ZERO ?

Let say 4 short gain for NSU and 5 for

S&P well you will have 9 % diference.

Really you lost 1 compare to S&P.

Whom helps this abnormality?

Really nobody.

Help to correct this false calcualtions and make this site real investing chalenge site

PLEASE !!!

You don't know how shorting works than Novavm. The idea is that by shorting the stock you not only gain the 4% when you close the position, but you can invest that money in the S&P for a 5% in the meantime. It is like borrowing at a -4% interest rate.