Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

NAR Chief Economist Named a Top Forecaster

He's a terrible forecaster in his own arena.

See this: NAR Clowns Incredible Shrinking Forecasts...

which is just more of this: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/09/11/hiding-the-ugly-truth-about-housing.aspx

USA today, you owe readers something a bit better. How about looking at Yun's constant harping that all is about to be well in housing, and contrasting it with the harsh facts?

Print the post Back To Top

After your call on Bear Stearns I wouldn't be throwing stones.

Louis

After your call on Bear Stearns I wouldn't be throwing stones.

Louis

Read the pitch before you get your schadenfruende on with that one, Louis. It was a misclick. I have been bearish on Bear since before it was cool.

Advice is always "follow the money". Major newspapers marginal solvency is RE ads based. You will find out there is a problem with housing at about the same time the sheriff is evicting your neighbor for not paying the mortgage.

Speaking of "follow the money" there is a MF ad about getting the next "multibagger" next to this box as I type. Hhmmmm.... Pumping is not exactly appropriate right now.

Bad luck on BSC. I got the wrong way around on SKF in a red thumb frenzy a couple of months ago! 

Bent,

The pitch is dated 3/10, So if you misclicked as you say you did you could have corrected the problem back whan the stock was $67.

You have been bullish on BSC at least since March 10th.

Louis

Louis... I have a feeling you are wrong.  :D

You have to keep your caps positions for 7 days, and I was locked out until after market close on Friday, so today was the first day I could get out of that problem. A cursory check of the dates will show that, after the weekend when I realized I'd given this thing the wrong thumb, I was regretful. I even wrote it into the pitch.

Sorry Louis, you're 100% wrong here.

But, rather than ask for special in-house favors and get this thing flipped, I took my goof-up like a big boy. But that doesn't mean I liked Bear. A quick check of my closed calls shows several other thumbs down on the way to this one, not including todays.

I accept the explanation,

Louis

Does 'top forecaster' simply mean 'made the most forecasts'??

Looking for plausibility

Zz

Hmmm...someone forgot about the 7 day min and should also do homework 'fore throwin' stones.

Knowing USA today I am surprised they did not hire Stephen Kim.  

It is a pretty simple game, up or down, but I did the same thing with TOUS and CC.    I was just glad it was not real money. 

FourthAxis You are a real Jerk.If you are going to paraphrase somebody you should not intentionally change the spelling.I misspell quite often but not on purpose.Furthermore I have every right to question Bent since I am now paying him for stock advice.Morons like you who sit back and wait until I say to Bent that “I accept the explanation” are just bottom reading scum.Louis 

FourthAxis You are a real Jerk.If you are going to paraphrase somebody you should not intentionally change the spelling.I misspell quite often but not on purpose.Furthermore I have every right to question Bent since I am now paying him for stock advice.Morons like you who sit back and wait until I say to Bent that “I accept the explanation” are just bottom reading scum.Louis 

Thanks Louis. Now, let's all play nice, move on, and figure out who's dead next? Lehman Brothers, anyone?

sure lehman sounds good to me..

Louis, you sound like an unhappy camper-imagine we are all suffering in this market, and are nervous from the uncertainty in the financial sector.   Bent made a mistake pushing a button up or down a game.   For the advice you are paying for, I am sure that he and The Fool do a lot more dilligence. 

Not sure what Jim Cramer's excuse is:  "No, no, no."  http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=ae47b67d-2523-4946-a2ad-aadc68176f67