Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What are your thoughts on the new index?

==============================================

Well, I still think that stock picking success consists of 50% due dilligence and 50% luck. Of the thirteen holdings you list, it looks like I currently hold three. Had I kept AMZN, I would share owning four stocks on your list. That leaves me with Coca-Cola, Gateway and Pfizer.

I like your selection of Corning, (up & coming in the glass & fibre optic field) Microsoft (the gorilla of all gorillas), Texas Instruments and Mead Paper. I hold International Paper and expect these companies (cyclicals) are going to prosper with the strengthening economy. Oh Yeah, who doesn't like UPS. I'm not personally familiar with the fundamentals of the rest.

You seem to be very well diversified and we all know the value of that. Remember, everybody is a genius in a bull market. Don't make the mistake that I have made. I hold about twenty different stocks. That's too many to keep up with. I always go over the fundamentals when earnings are anounced and always try to keep up with news releases. That can be a real chore and it's sometimes overwhelming.

You can obviously do a better job with eight or ten stocks than with twenty. After all, it's about making money.

Hold on for a long and fun ride, expect some bumps and one more thing; Buy low and sell high.

bs5

p.s. Sure wish I could practise what I preach.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.