No. of Recommendations: 5
What can I say? I had it in my head that you were advocating leveraging since I assumed that you were already all-in with no more cash. I probably made a wrong assumption.....I wrote that with no food for 36 hours and low blood sugar while I was prepping for my colonoscopy. :-0

It's a good point you make. I would never recommend anyone use leverage, and for the record, I have never used margin. (I do buy some call options from time to time.)

The reason I continue harping on the valuations we're seeing is that I feel the opportunity is knocking. I added some Twilio and Alteryx today since they report next week. Either they'll get a bump or look even cheaper. (Could say the same for PINS, but I'm just holding there because it's still pretty new to me.)

I do have very little cash left, as you mention. I have a little because I again sold out of TTD. I am no longer a TTD doubter -- I think they will do great. But if I have to bet on them vs AYX or TWLO or MDB or ESTC or SMAR, I'll leave TTD alone for now. But that's just me.

Bear

PS Hope the procedure went as well as possible.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.