Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
What did TMF ever do to people that they'd be happy about their demise? I don't get it. I've enjoyed just about every moment here since January 1999 when I first registered and they taught me an enormous amount about how investing works.

Personally, I'm not happy to see TMF go down the tubes and I hope my post did not suggest that I am. I think the site has real positives and I'll miss it when it goes dark, as now seems very likely.

I'll admit to my share of Schadenfreude at seeing a number of other internet ventures go broke, particularly those that used to trumpet the gospel of the "new economy" with its "first mover's advantage" and everything zipping along in "internet time". TMF got caught up in some of that hype, but there was also some healthy skepticism about the valuations of tech companies and the long-term prospects of the speculative bubble formerly known as the internet economy. Too bad TMF is rotting away with all of the dot-compost.

DMJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.