Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
What disgusts a lot of people, and not just Muslims anymore, is the U.S. attitude that they can do whatever they please simply because they have the fire power.

Neo, you are in a much better position to know about this than most of us. Prior to Sept 11, such an attitude on the part of the US would be arrogant in everyone's eyes. After that day, how can the actions of the US be a surprise to anyone? Do they really think that we can negotiate with someone like bin Laden, or that the Taliban would have negotiated? I think AC has accurately described the Taliban. In fact, it now looks like the Taliban is falling back to protect the only asset they care about, bin Laden, while letting the rest of the country fall to the Northern Alliance.

And the U.S. is arrogant to use nazis to defeat stalinists.

I don't think that anyone in the US is happy with this. However, it's hardly our fault that the Taliban was engaged in a battle with one enemy when they decided to go out and attack a much bigger enemy. That's just a bad strategy. Perhaps it was a calculated risk on their part, and perhaps they have a few more cards to play.

They are not heroes, they are not to be viewed romantically, they are as bad or worse than the Taliban.

The Northern Alliance wouldn't be overrunning Afghanistan if the Taliban's goal is defending Afghanistan. To me, it looks like the Taliban's goal is defending bin Laden.

vuelta

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.