Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
What do other retired folks like (and dislike)?

In no particular order my likes/dislikes:

- Mass on weekends
- The morning paper
- The gym
- People that show off at the gym (i.e.: my water bottle is bigger than your water bottle)
- Volunteering
- Stupid people where I volunteer (i.e.: come to hospital with absolutely no idea where they are going or what doctor they are visiting or what day it is for that matter)
- Playing golf
- Slow play on the golf course. Using a cell phone while playing golf.
- Folks that don't adhere to 'cart path only' rules when it's wet on the course.
- People that back into parking spaces especially when the space is on an up ramp in a parking garage
- Amateur Radio. Licensed since 1970. Life member since early '70s.
- Working DX (315 confirmed in Logbook of the World).
- Amateur Radio contests. I'm in one right now but taking a break.
- Visiting grandkids
- Cruises
- The Texans (Season ticket holder 2002-2016) Drank enough Miller Lites tailgating to float a battleship. Now it's easier to watch them on the boob tube.
- My wife and the boys.
- The Motley Fool.
- Watching the portfolio on Fidelity.

Regards,

ImAGolfer (retired '03)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.