Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What do think are the biggest issues facing college football, if not college athletics as a whole? Here are my choices (in order of importance):

I think all three issues need to be dealt with by the schools themselves before the NCAA takes any action out of their hands and takes it all to themselves.

I doubt that we'll see a playoff in Div. 1 as long as the Bowls pump as much money as they do into colleges and I seriously doubt a good way can be found to do it within the present Bowl system. Look at the current BCS expansion issue is being mucked up royalty IMO.

Being fair about who plays and who doesn't doesn't rank very high with me nor do I think it does with most college football fans.

As long as our school isn't one that gets left out.

As far as the current group of schools that are being left out, there is one way to join the group that isn't.

Win most all of your games. Then get asked to join a major conference.

I don't think many schools that are currently outside, wanting in, really deserve to get in. But then, why do the schools that constantly fail to field winning teams remain eligable to possibly go to a bowl?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.