Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What do you do with your poached eggs?

We love poached eggs, too. Fave is what I dubbed Eggs Benedict Arnold--for the missing hollandaise ;-)

Anyhow, it's a poached egg on a well-buttered English muffin half, toast, or even a crab cake, topped w/a squeeze of fresh lemon and s&p. Sometimes put some ham on the muffin/toast before the egg. But my fave versions use Ezekial sprouted grain English muffin half or rye toast. Rye bread is large, so the hubster & I split one slice. We had that for breakfast yesterday.

I also like a poached egg on my current version of huevos rancheros--seasoned black beans, poached egg, Rotel (canned diced tomatoes & chilies), poached egg, and a little shredded Mexican blend cheese.

I don't worry about eating eggs. I average maybe 3/week. I often go a month with no eggs whatsoever; other months with a couple of quiches or lots of poached eggs or omelets.

As a child and young adult, I was starving when I woke up in the morning. But I remember the first time I went out for brunch and couldn't finish a 3-egg omelet (in my mid to late 40s). In my 60s, t seldom want more than 1 egg, even as an onelet or (small) serving of quiche. If it weren't for the hubster, at nearly 70 I'd be content with just a cup of coffee many mornings, or a late brunch instead of lunch.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.