No. of Recommendations: 0
What does anybody think?

Beats current 1 year and 5 year rates hands down. If it gets called after one year you are ahead, this holds out until year 5 for money invested in a insured asset today.

My long term crystal ball, or as some call it "the magic 8 ball toy", keeps changing its answer every time I ask about the long term future. When rates finally come off the bottom the scale is plausible but IMHO not likely. There are way too many iffies and buts flying around. My best guess is that the Fed is not going to raise rates quickly which would make the 6% of the second term over priced. The caveat is "when do the bond vigilantes mount up and ride". Another consideration is that BoA is overpaying today, will they still be in a situation 6 years from now where they will feel compelled to overpay?

If you have money that you would like to put to work short term with reasonable long term prospects it looks like a fair/good deal to me.

Does make me glad I don't have money invested in BofA stock, this is pretty pricy debt to be selling under current conditions.

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.