Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What does it tell you about him, that he *didn't* inform you of this?

That he is too busy picking up all his new and shiny credentials and taking advisory positions within the firm that are supposed to make us weak at the knees that he is our FA. Thus the question in my first post about where do I go to educate myself on taking over.

So why are you sticking with somebody who didn't?

Yes, it would be much easier to move on if his after fee rates of return were worse than the benchmark, instead of the more than 3% extra he got for us each of the past 2 years. And of course easier still if I had a clue about how to tone down my investment strategy, which again was the original question of this thread. Really don't know how it got so far out of line, other than that's what threads do. I would not have started this thread if I were not considering going elsewhere or taking over, but frankly, for the 2+ years we've been with him, his return has been good...better than we would get self-managing via Vanguard ETFs. It will be interesting to hear what the Vanguard FA has to say next week.

I pay 1%, which gives me access to institutional levels of funds at lower fees and zero loads. We also had a significant talk today, multiple talks in fact, and I suspect that things should improve going forward. He certainly is now aware that I expect more from him. I really don't want to have to break in another FA, nor thrilled at the idea of dealing with DH's micromanagement of something he knows so little about if I take the investing reigns back over. Some things are simply best avoided.

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.