Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

My first CREE post,

CREE was always one of those stocks that I'd look at the chart and say "Gee, that looks like fun" but never looked at in depth.

The recent plunge gave me the incentive to look at CREE and their business and financials, and to read your informative posts (for which I thank you). I wanted to take the plunge today and buy some shares, but I am holding myself back in order to let my initial reaction subside.

Somebody mentioned that Cree left out a few of the numbers in their quarterly earnings release that they normally report, and we will have to wait for the 10-K to find the answers. Could someone tell me what these numbers are, and what the possible ramnifications of this could be?

I plan on waiting until I get the full picture from the 10-K before I buy in.

Thanks,
Shawn
Print the post Back To Top
I think the only number mentioned here was cash flow and that is usually only put forth in the Qs and Ks.

I don't believe that there was anything sinister with Cash Flow not being included in the financials released by the company. They only released the consolidated income statement, not a balance sheet or cash flow statement.

I am too awaiting the final SEC papers, but be warned, a 10K, the year end document is usually filed 90 days after year end, it will be late September before we see that document.

I would due my DD on the already public numbers and the very astute comments and analysis by a good number of the posters on this board and, if still interested, build a small position now. September might leave some money on the table.

ZaksDad
Cindy said fy2000 cash flow was 63 000 000 during the cc, if I remember correctly.
And on weighted average shares outstanding of 37,604,000 that equals $1.68/share.

ZaksDad
Somebody mentioned that Cree left out a few of the numbers in their quarterly earnings release that they normally report, and we will have to wait for the 10-K to find the answers. Could someone tell me what these numbers are, and what the possible ramnifications of this could be?

I plan on waiting until I get the full picture from the 10-K before I buy in.

Hi Shawn,

For one thing, you'll hardly ever see a company release the cash flow statement when they announce earnings. I don't know why.

Also, other financials may be missing. CREE this time around provided us with a very skimpy balance sheet. I was looking for cash and cash equivalents, for example, and they were nowhere to be found. As others have said, some of the info may be found in the CC notes... but that's not something that just everyone is going to have access to.

Regards,

orangeblood
"Somebody mentioned that Cree left out a few of the numbers in their quarterly earnings release that they normally report, and we will have to wait for the 10-K to find the answers. Could someone tell me what these numbers are, and what the possible ramnifications of this could be?"

I didn't catch that thread, but the numbers I want to see is Inventory, the entire Cash Flow statement and all pro forma adjustments for the Nitres acquisition. That's pretty much the order of importance for me too.

IIRC, someone's CC notes stated that Inventory had increased. I need to see that it increased less than 13% from Q3.

Someone else in this thread mentioned that CF for the year was ~$63 M. CF from Ops through Q3 was about $28 M, this is a big jump. I'd like to inspect the whole CF statement. On a side note, there was another comment from the CC that said CREE would be able to fund future growth through operations from now on. I wasn't expecting to hear that for a couple of years (at least until both phases of the new plant finished).

"I plan on waiting until I get the full picture from the 10-K before I buy in."

Should be just around the corner, last year's 10-K came out on Aug 12th.

Marv