Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What great news to see Quantum already moving upmarket in NAS. Strange to see so little reaction in the share price, but I guess it will take time for the analysts (driving by looking through the rear-view mirror) to realize what is going on with our old DLT company.

My favorite part of the press release:
According to PC Data, Quantum currently holds the number one position in the workgroup network attached storage market (Distributor Hardware Report, January 2000). Industry analysts predict that the NAS market is projected to reach $4.5 billion within four years (Dataquest/GartnerGroup, May 1999), and Quantum is leading the market by offering the most easy to use and cost-effective NAS solutions available.

You raise good questions regarding comparison of Quantum's new product to what NTAP has on the market. I, too, would appreciate the insights of anyone who can compare the two. What I can compare, though, is the upside of these two companies given current valuations, and have to conclude that, wow, DSS could turn out to be a real gem.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.