Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
I can understand getting emotional in a game but I'm getting tired of all the showboating going on during the game. I'm watching the '83 NCAA Championship game on ESPN Classic and just saw Worthy dunk on Sleepy Floyd in a big way. Today's player would land and be letting everyone know that they had just made a great play. Instead, Worthy lands with a look of no emotion, it was like he had just made a normal play. I've noticed that kind of workmanlike attitude with every player out there and those are some big names on that court; Ewing, Worthy, Jordan, Perkins. There's a reason those guys college careers are remembered fondly, they were there to play the game for itself, not to tout themselves even though they were great.

Agent
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.