Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Elton John was completely left out from both the Opening & Closing Ceremonies. That was kind of a surprise considering the emphasis on celebrating the culture of British music.

Fuskie
Who is ticked off that NBC decided airing a no-chance sitcom was more important than airing the end of the closing ceremony and thinking viewers wouldn't notice...
Print the post Back To Top
To be honest, I didn't notice. I didn't watch their new show either, though. I thought it was over and changed the chanel to see the news.
Who is ticked off that NBC decided airing a no-chance sitcom was more important than airing the end of the closing ceremony and thinking viewers wouldn't notice...

The end of the ceremony - basically The Who - was shown after the show & local news finished (so 11:35 or 12:35 depending on time zone).

The men's marathon medal ceremony was also cut out - apparently because NBC thinks that American sensibilities would prefer a pop concert than anything that has to do with, say, sport.

NBC also cut the athlete's oath from the opening ceremony (hey, we're Americans! We don't do stuff like that!).
The problem is they never said anything about showing the end of the ceremony later, so I and I'm sure millions of others thought it was over.

Fuskie
Who thinks NBC must really not have much regard for the intelligence of its viewers...
They don't. Neither does any other broadcast network. They think most of us are brainless sheep. And in the case of too many viewers, they're right.
BTW, one of the Great Britain athletes, a young man named Ashley McKenzie who didn't get passed the preliminary rounds in Judo, is one of the Celebrity Big Brother UK housemates, which just stated Wednesday.

Fuskie
Who thinks he's easily the youngest in the house so he won't have to be asked the question facing most of the Olympic athletes whose lives have been consume preparing for the games: What's next...