Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What have you read more than 3 times?

:-)

Actually, most of the stuff on that list....

The Louisa May Alcott set of books were a hardback gift from my aunt and uncle and I read them repeatedly over the years, except for Jack and Jill which I disliked. That one I read twice. Nope, still didn't like it.

The myriad animal books (oops, just realized I should have added Brighty of the Grand Canyon), Trixie Belden books, and other standard classic kids literature were just a love of mine, and very enjoyable. They needed to be read repeatedly. :)

There were several books at my high school library that I checked out repeatedly over the four years I was there. I now own most of those books as well (and it wasn't always easy finding a copy!), since I loved them so much.

I was on a Stephen King as well as an Ayn Rand kick in early college, and read most of each author's stuff once a year for several years.

I brought two books with me on a four week trip to Russia in 1991 (The Talisman, and The Dark Half) and proceeded to read each one once a week for the next four weeks because there was nothing else in English to read! One of the other Americans on the trip took pity on me and lent me Clear and Present Danger. I can categorically state that that is one book I know that I have read only once. :)

I started reading at age 4 almost 5 (my sister was age 6 almost 7 and taught me what she learned each day at school so I had a headstart before there was a Headstart). I am now 44 and read at least 2-3 books a week. I read VERY fast. My sister takes 4 hours to read a book that I can read in 45 minutes. Once I get involved in a story, I want to know what happens, and I simply devour the book. First time I read Anthem, it was during a one hour dinner break while working at Monkee Wards in college, and I had time to discuss the book a bit with the fellow who'd lent it to me. First time I read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I stayed up til 3am to finish it.

Moonglade
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.