Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What have you read more than 3 times?

Actually, most of the stuff on that list....

I am impressed. I read a lot, but certainly not that fast. I usually consume about a book a week...and maybe another half a book on tape during my commute.

First time I read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I stayed up til 3am to finish it.

Those are ones that should be on my list as well. Those are two of my favorite books in the world. I periodically revisit them, but it's been a few years so they didn't jump to mind. I should revisit them again soon.

That also reminded me of another of my favorite sets of books...all the Sherlock Holmes stories by A. Conan Doyle. I have read the series through completely at least twice and several of the individual stories more than that.

I was recently told that the character "House" in the TV series of the same name was based on Sherlock Holmes. I had never seen it before, but started watching several of the episodes this season and have enjoyed it very much. I can definitely see Sherlock in the character from the attention to detail, to the love of the puzzle, to the chemical dependency when the puzzles aren't engaging enough. It's a good show.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.