No. of Recommendations: 0
What I "hate" are people . . . immigrant or otherwise . . . with a sense of entitlement. People who feel entitled phone, food, and fun at my expense. Those who foster that sense of entitlement are particular targets of my ill will. Yes, you.

I made assuption in my post.

Everyone does, otherwise we have so many cavots to our posts, that they would run on forever.

My proposal is that those who feel entitled to phone, food, and fun at your (and my) expense, with no intention of adding to the general welfare, by gaining employment and paying taxes are evil people, who we should spend at least some effort to identify and eliminate. Cheats at all levels should be eliminated. We can't get them all, but they should know that if they get caught there are consequenses.

I just don't think there is a big population of immigrants that fit this description. Some, yes, but much less than the general population of the poor.

Your comment seemed to me, to lump all immigrants that took any benefits as freeloading parasites that should be never be given access to any benefits (until some number of generations later greater than one) This is not a discussion of all people on assistance, but just immigrants on assistance.

I cheerred the efforts to get people off assistance as brokered by the GOP and Clinton. I think a positive way to continue it is gutting No Child Left Behind, which punishes neigborhoods with high levels of working poor immigrants.

For example in our school district (as it was explained to me) the school is based on the current students in the 5th grade compared to the then current students in the 4th grade last year. It ignores that fact that at least some of the students whos parents are doing well, have moved out of the school district, and more than some of those in the 5th grade this year were not in any school last year, either because they were in transit or the country they come from did not have universal education.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.