Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What I would like to find out is, what tax forms/
schedules/ worksheets do I start out with to de- termine the taxable part of my 1099-R? I suppose this would be, at most, the whole amount on my 1099-R but since they mention a "taxable part", there must be a way to figure this out. I am just not familiar with the forms needed.

Is this a military pension with the CSA 1099R coming from the Office of Personal Management Retirement Programs? Is there an amount in the box labeled "Original contributions"? If yes to both of these questions you need to publications 575 and 939.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.