Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
What if….

The family of someone who died of COVID sued the unvaccinated person who transmitted the virus?

What if…

even more lawsuits were filed by businesses against careless unvaccinated persons for causing economic harm?

Seems that getting vaccinated proves some level of care and concern,

While remaining unvaccinated proves a lack of same.

And if a contact trace can prove that unvaccinated person A gave the virus to person B….
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"And if a contact trace can prove that unvaccinated person A gave the virus to person B…. "

I think that is one huge frakkin' "if." Without it being actual, I don't see how any such money damages lawsuit could survive.

Ken
Some states/counties have such a high rate of unvaxxed that I think it would be impossible to prove exact vectors.

ASIDE
My grandson has been quarantined for exposure for 48 days so far this year (causing him to miss in-person school and camp). Might be able to prove who dunnit in NYC.
The family of someone who died of COVID sued the unvaccinated person who transmitted the virus?

On what grounds?

There's currently no legal obligation to get a vaccine. Without a breach of a legal duty, there's no basis for a lawsuit.

Albaby
There's currently no legal obligation to get a vaccine. Without a breach of a legal duty, there's no basis for a lawsuit.

Was hoping you and ken would weigh in.

Thanks for the responses to both of you.
I believe there were some criminal laws involving transmission of HIV, but I don't know if they were specific to only that virus or if they'd carry forward to COVID.
I believe there were some criminal laws involving transmission of HIV, but I don't know if they were specific to only that virus or if they'd carry forward to COVID.

After a little google-hunting, many of those laws appear to have been expanded to cover some other infectious diseases - but they all appear to be structured so that only the diseases specifically enumerated in the penal code are covered. So you'd have to amend the statutes to embrace COVID:

https://archive.kpcc.org/news/2018/06/22/84215/laws-that-cri...

Albaby
No. of Recommendations: 2

Except, of course, in Texas.

SLL
Many citizens and small businesses have oodles of money to pay attorneys and court costs.

Also at Dickey's BBQ they have inside counsel I'm sure. And over at Snooky's Cookies, they certainly have the cash flow for retainers and depositions and billable hours.

Live...from outside the non-diverse bubble...... we bring you, Reality. Rated PG-13, may upset the aloof.