No. of Recommendations: 1
What Indiana lacks in brains it makes up for in wheat. Isn't that the state motto?--Dave

LOL. No, Dave, it's actually "The Crossroads of America." The official explanation is that Indianapolis got the designation due to the fact that several interstates go through It and connect IN to much of the rest of the country. But allow me a more relevant personal explanation of the motto that illustrates IN's politics.....

We have prodigious production of hogs and cattle. These animals cross farmers' roads to eat field pasture and corn. After they eat their fills, naturally they have to do lots of #2's. A lot of _h_t is produced that stinks as bad as the anti-gay marriage amendment I described in my OP.

--spl, motto interpreter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.