No. of Recommendations: 56
Hello PRO family,

This may be a long post. I hope you don’t mind. If I could get Rich to write it for me, I’m sure it would get a much better reception.

First of all, obviously I’m still here. My post ….

http://boards.fool.com/message.aspx?mid=31998196&source=...

was one of frustration, not about small dollars in trade results, but about team play. I had posted about this before. I know it’s a concern of Jeff and team here and Jim and team on MFO. No matter how they plead or admonish, our trade recs will always be ruined by a combination of market orders and those who really don’t know what they are doing. I don’t really believe in outside TMF influence but, of course, it’s possible. TMF can’t fix that if true.

Jeff and Jim are the coaches but they can’t kick members off the team. Since an estimate is that only 10% or so of members ever read the boards, how can a message get across?

Seeing posts about member angst with one small 2.6% loosing short position amazes me. PRO is far ahead on 6 of 7 shorts. That is fabulous results that any hedge fund anywhere would be happy to have. You have look far down the list of longs to OTEX to see a 2.6% position and all those above it are well in the green. Come on people, congratulate the PRO team. Don't make them feel like they have to apologize for one small loss.

Having been a member of many sports teams, as well as military in a war zone, I learned early on the value of team play. In some places it may cost lives, which are more important than dollars, but the principles are the same.

I’m still here because, as Thanksgiving approaches, I have taken time to reflect on how blessed I have been. I have a sometimes terminal disease, that, so far, has not progressed to acute from chronic. So for that alone, I am very grateful.

I have tried to play a teaching role here. Some may reject that as none of my business. But how can we humans survive a world in conflict if we can’t even cooperate in the simple things?

So I leave you for now with a simple wish for you all to have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Hug your loved ones (and your dogs/cats). Be like those animals which provide love with no questions asked of their human owners.

With love for my PRO family.

Regards,

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.