Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What is interesting is that I try very hard to not use words like:

argumentative, tone deaf, holier than thou, and somewhat obnoxious

You and others seem to find no reason not to engage in name calling when it suits a purpose.

Usually the purpose, and in this case it seems to be the purpose, is to intentionally discredit that which challenges belief and makes on uncomfortable.
Rather than admit that the gadfly who asks a difficult question because he really wants to understand the issue and wants to get a straight answer makes one uncomfortable, one has a tendency to blame the questioner rather than the question or even the way the question may challenge what is perceived to be true.

I don't have a problem have my beliefs challenged.

I don't "denounce" answers. I read them. I then think about them, often I search for information the fleshes out the answer while at the same time generating additional questions.
In fact, I have supported the reasons for asking the questions by posting the links where I found the information that I created the source of the additional questions or need for clarification.

I haven't been similarly presented with useful links. When I present links, to support a particular point, the response I get is that no matter what link I post, it is not an accepted or valid one.

This isn't discourse.

If you want to call what I do "whining" just to be perjorative along with all the other insults you've chosen to use in a very short space and then tell me that I'm the one who needs to engage in a basic course in discourse, I'd rather not learn your style of discourse as I find that your brand of discourse ineffective in communicating nothing other than you're belief that you are justified in venting your frustration with me in an uncivil manner.

It isn't even remotely possible that the questions I ask anger people because they don't want to answer them because of what the answer might reveal?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.