Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
What is the creator's foundation? A book full of stories? I am supposed to believe that? A pure work of fiction meant to scare people into following. ....

Written by some very wise men, who, because they were wise enough to ask themselves, "Where did we come from?" and because they had no clue about biology, geology, astronomy, genetics, or anything else related to how the world was put together, surmised that they must have been created by a power higher than themselves. They did very well with what they had to work with, but that doesn't mean that their story was fact.

According to this link The Flood was local, too, as described in the original Hebrew version of the Bible.. not global, as is in the English translation:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html

There are many errors in translation in the English version that cannot be confirmed by those who are experts in Hebrew.

There is recently discovered geologic evidence, too, that there was a major flood, a big-time flood, about 7500 years ago when a ridge that backed up one sea broke, spilling the sea into, I think, the black sea, raising its level by several hundred feet and flooding everything near it. I've read about it the last few weeks, but can't find a reference to it. Maybe others can.

Of course that flood was local, though, in terms of the world. But to the people of that region, that was their world...their entire world. I think the stories of that local flood was carried down through the generations until the time that the men wrote the Old Testament.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.