Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's hard to shop for a part when you don't know its name.

On the inside door, the plastic frame around the door handle broke.

If the problem was merely cosmetic, I wouldn't worry about it. But the door handle doesn't work!

Here's a photo:

When the frame isn't broken, it has two pins that hold the door handle in place like a hinge. When you pull the other side, the hinge rotates and pulls a cable connected to the latch. But the plastic frame broken, the handle just pops out of the frame when I pull on it.

Does anyone know what this part is called?

Also, how do I remove it? There's only one visible screw, which I've since removed, but I've tried very hard to pry it out, and it still seems anchored in place.
Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.