Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
what is the richest man in babylon about?

Very easy to read. Small book. Excellent first book about personal financial planning. Written about 50? years ago. Set in ancient Babylon. Written in the style of parables to illustrate the " basic rules".
You would be past this stage but like I said I think everyone should read it.
I like the KISS principle and this one fits that category. I think where a lot of people go wrong is in making things too complicated for themselves. Another book in this vein is "The Wealthy Barber". Covers basically the same ground (maybe a fraction more) as "Richest Man in Babylon" but does it from the viewpoint of some old blokes sitting around in a barber shop chewing the fat, teaching some younger people about money matters. As I said, I like the simple easy to read ones.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.