Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What is your story about again? Low-rate consolidation or extending the time out farther?

Both. I get to lock in at 4.25% on $58K+ of loans.

Why are you saving money for the first time in 9 years?

My consolidation's going to save me over $900 a month in payments which I can then save and invest ($1600+ / mo. ---> $300+ / mo.) As for the 9+ years part, it's composed of 3 years of law school, about a year of studying for and taking Bar exams while working part-time, 2+ years working at a low-paying mill firm that resulted in my loans going into default, and 3+ years working at a better (though still low) paying firm which has allowed me to rehabilitate my loans and bay my bills with rather little left over each month.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.