Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What kind of sewing do you do most often?
The size and type of sewing projects may determine which machine best suits your needs. That 1.5" extra space from the needle to the right side of the machine isn't significant, but if you do a lot of large quilts or other large bulky pieces, that 1.5" is something you may appreciate. The difference between 1.5" and 3" is more significant than you may think.

Does the 570 have the larger bobbin? I can't tell you how much I love that larger bobbin.

Sewing table....yeah that's a tough call. My table does not have an insert, my machine just sits on top of the table so I don't have that issue to deal with. I bought a Sew Steady clear plastic platform that extends the surround of the free arm so that I can machine quilt easily. Lots of different sizes, and they are custom made to fit your specific machine.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfFurniture/Furniture_Displ...

If you wait until next year, you may find that the prices have gone up.

Tough decision...too much money at stake to end up with something you are not completely happy with. Does your dealer have a return policy if you decide you didn't make the right choice?

Isewquilts2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.