Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Someone is setting off fireworks over the lake across the street (as always happens on every national holiday here where personal fireworks are legal). I can see it well through the palladian window from bed :-)

Happy Independence Day!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Correction: Philippine/American Friendship Day.

(No, I'm not making that up.)
No. of Recommendations: 1
alstro: Someone is setting off fireworks over the lake across the street (as always happens on every national holiday here where personal fireworks are legal). I can see it well through the palladian window from bed :-)

Happy Independence Day!

My kitties have recovered their composure this morning. This year seems to have involved more fireworks (and louder) than I recall in the past. JB came to me and said, "Dad, please make it stop." Mocha just hid in the closet. Many of the sponsored and civic fireworks were cancelled to avoid the large gatherings they generate, so the individuals seem to have tried to take up the slack. The Countess wondered where they get fireworks, seeing as they are not sold in the city. I'm pretty sure they come from the Indian reservations which are not subject to city rules (or even state rules.)

Obviously the economy has not been affected by the pandemic, as people seem to have money to burn.

CNC
No. of Recommendations: 3
Obviously the economy has not been affected by the pandemic, as people seem to have money to burn.

I see what you did there! :-)

IMO, fireworks should be illegal except at organized and permitted events (i.e. have a permit). Having your neighbors setting off fireworks for two hours is really annoying, disturbing the peace, and just plain rude. If you ask me. Which no one did. Including my neighbors who engaged in that activity for about two hours last night while we were trying to have a peaceful, relaxing evening.

Plus, yeah, it terrifies everyone's pets.