Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
What makes you think those 63 people aren't talking about you? It seems to me that there was no problem of this nature until you started your crusade.

There was indeed a problem before I dared to ask a question re the methodology of the intercst study. One of the things that prompted me to come forward with what I knew about the flaws in the intercst study was seeing wanderer driven off of this board. He was my favorite poster on the board. He now posts at the FIRE board at nofeeboards.com, along with a good number of others who were once the most knowledgeable posters at this board.

It hardly seems likely that most of a group expressing the view that the board has "gone to hell" because of off-topic debate could be complaining about me given that I have spent seven months trying to begin a discussion of the realities of safe withdrawal rates, an on-topic matter. Any complaints this group has about personal attacks cannot possibly be directed at me since I am the one who has been the object of the smear campaign, not the one advancing it. I am the one saying that posters here should follow the Motley Fool posting rules, which require debate on substance and which prohibit personal attacks.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.