Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey,
I just wanted to know if anyone out there has any ideas why the knot is doing so poorly? It seems to me that in almost every article about them I read about their leading status in the marketplace and that they have a very good chance of them making barrels full of cash and yet the stock seems to be in a slow spiral to the ground. Does anyone have any suggestions of why this is so. More importantly does anyone have an idea of what the bottom price will be for the stock?

-Ed
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Not the greatest technical analyst here, but I'd blame the Wall St. Herd Mentality - although with justification. The entire B2C group has been hammered - looking at sites going under, being bought out at fire sales rates (cd now, et al), AMZN still burning cash too fast, now PCLN's "DONT name your own price for gas and groceries anymore". Hard to find any good news for this group. Last but not least, KNOT is still not yet profitable. Wall St. HATES uncertainty, and KNOT's future is not crystal clear. I'm betting they'll be ok - burn rate less than many sites, marketing costs low (unlike AMZN), strong market share, rising memberships, rising sales of gifts (not 100% dependent on ads), etc. However, David and Carley are not in the black yet. I can wait for that - this is more a side bet than banking my retirement (obviously!). KNOT's price has been holding steady around / above $3 and has bounced up from upper 2's. Current $3 floor is NOT a cause to celebrate, but beats the $1 lottery tickets of other b2c's. Still, the risk is one I'm taking (life is a risk anyway), but this isn't for everyone. Good luck, KNOT holders.
Print the post Back To Top