Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What other advice/insight from personal experience might you have?

I've worked with a guy who has a couple franchised hotdog/burger joints in the NJ area. He's doing ok with them, but finds since he's started, he's working longer hours, and dealing with more problems then when he was just working for a corporation. Maybe it's just his personality, but he doesn't like dealing with the micromanagement that needs to be done with a franchise. (I'm assuming you meant a food franchise, and not like a MIDAS shop or something) People call in sick all the time, he's constantly interviewing for new hires, constantly dealing with scheduling issues, and when he can't fill the schedule, he does the work himself, driving his hours up even more. Then he complains about the paper work in dealing with all the different vendors, employees, gov't, etc.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, as perhaps you have the motivation, personality, and capability of handling these issues. And also, not many people get rich working for someone else. I'm just trying to gear you up for some of the work you'll have to do to realize the potentially tremendous benefit.

-- RevlisFool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.