Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am beginning to reallocate my savings/investments into a portfolio consisting of 33% Foolish Four, 33% cash kings, and 33% growth stocks. I must allocate these savings between both tax deferred accounts and taxable accounts. It seems obvious to me (which probably means I am missing something) that the cash kings should go into the taxable accounts as these are long term buy & hold stocks. My question is, between the Foolish four and the small cap growth stocks, which should go into the tax deferred account? The foolish four should have high dividends and capital gains from annual sales. I dont have a good feel for the tax implications of a typical small cap growth portfolio as I dont know how often I should expect to be selling these types of stocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.