Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What stock was it? When did you put the order in? Were the markets open when you placed the order? I ask because you mentioned the stock closing at $150. After hours trading can yield some high bid/ask spreads and unpredictable stock price movements.

If the markets were in fact closed then I definitely would not recommend putting in a market order for anything, and instead wait for when markets open the next day. If you did want to put an order in when markets were closed for some reason, you should use a limit order. Do you know about the difference between market and limit orders?

What broker do you use? What are the commissions charged for a stock transaction?

What service did you join?

I realize I asked more questions than I answered but you didn't provide quite enough information to narrow down the problem.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.