Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My son, who now lives in CA, called today to tell me that after repeated tries he cannot locate his former employer. He has never gotten a W-4 for his employment from Jan-March last year. We kept most of his paperwork here as he was not sure how long he'd be out west, so I located his pay stubs for the time period....bad news is the SSN is wrong! So he has no W-4 and an incorrect SSN. What to do next? Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.