Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Here is a good question.

What to do when a very overvalued stock essentially doubles from your CAPS shorting price?

Normally in a real world situation, I would imagine most people would have covered out of sheer pain ages ago, but in CAPS, the pain is dulled somewhat by being able to rack up massive points elsewhere.

I noticed Russell covered RIMM recently, after it torched him for over 100 points, but WisdomTree is even more crazy valued than RIMM IMO.

Hmm.

Thoughts? (may post this on blog too)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Russell covered RIMM! Ah &^%$#.

I knew that Bill Mann doesn't know anything about stocks. HAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding.

For some reason - I think it's the stickiness of this addictive CAPS - which I check only 82,000X a day, that it feels like we're holding these suckers longer, making the overwhelming need to "do something" feel even worse.

I'm holding RIMM and Worldspace and can't bear selling them until they get their comeuppance, same with that poop iMergent.

I think we need to come up with a ATR Anguish Toleration Ratio. The fury of watching crap stocks run can push one to an aneurysm.

Just my 4 cents.

Best,

BD
No. of Recommendations: 1
I noticed Russell covered RIMM recently, after it torched him for over 100 points...

That story - my RIMM pick and my covering of it, proved to be an investing lesson for me in and of itself. Maybe I'll turn it into another blog post before too long. :-)

Regards,

Russell
a.k.a. TMFEldrehad
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Gang,

RIMM dropping like a rock. For the record, I never doubted the Big B.M. for a second! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Soon as it goes up a half point I'll flipflop so fast you'd think I was a Boston Senator.

Love,

BD