Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What to do about NHF?

From Seeking Alpha:
NexPoint Strategic Opportunities Fund is a closed ended balanced mutual fund launched by Highland Capital Management, L.P. It is managed by Nexpoint Advisors, L.P. The fund invests in the fixed income markets of the United States. It invests in companies across broadly diversified sectors to construct its portfolio. The fund typically invests in senior loans, secured and unsecured floating and fixed rate loans, bonds, debt obligations of stressed, distressed, and bankrupt issuers, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, and collateralized debt obligations with a primary focus on below investment grade debt and equity securities. It employs a quantitative analysis to create its portfolio. The fund benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund and the HFRX Global Hedge Fund. It was formerly known as NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund. NexPoint Strategic Opportunities Fund was formed on June 1, 2006 and is domiciled in the United States.

So that explains why it’s down. Their assets are non-performing due to COVID-19.

This offer will not make me whole - I'm just wondering what the best course of action is at this time...go with the high $12 exchange or ignore it and hold the common stock?

I'm completely lost on this and would appreciate any help/input.

Why did you buy this? What were your goals here? That will help guide your next move.

They’ve suspended the dividend and are trying to raise capital. These aren’t good signs. I don’t expect these assets are suddenly going to start performing again anytime soon.

Regards,

- HCF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.