Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
what type of shot

I'm guessing it's kind of like buckshot. I've used it in a jewelry tumblers for polishing in a chain making class. After the metal is soldered, it gets dark and unevenly colored. The shot is in the water (soapy, I think) and the chain is put in and tumbled for a while. The bits of shot are different sizes and shapes, which means the particles can polish the pieces of chain, inside and out.

It's probably similar to what's in pincushions.

~~ Alison
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.