Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What you are asking for is investment advice - this is the doyen of investment advisors.

Your biggest problem is the you need to disclose to your adviser the income earnt - (relative to tax minimisation plans that you are seeking and serviceability of any loans) - whether PAYE, contractors or self employed (to determine maximum superannuation contributions that are tax deductible) - employer (to gauge wage structure and whether salary packaging relevant) - children (to ascertain future education costs) - cash flow (to ascertain when he can charge his fees).

Negative gearing is legal in this country (only country in OPEC nations that it is) however through history one learns that one has to have all other debts paid out first and the structure of the investments (tenants - in - common etal) and borrowings have to be structured to the main income source.

Do yourselves a favour and work out your cash flow - assets and liabilities - goals etal first, then visit an investment adviser.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.