No. of Recommendations: 30
What you are suggesting is that Amazon the retailer was not a monster stock, and AWS saved their ass. I can see why you think that way, but I fundamentally disagree.

That’s not what I was suggesting. I simply meant that a large part of AMZN’s value in its stock price is AWS. So when you said the 150+ bagger is a retail company growing that much, it’s untrue. The growth in value of the retail business was much lower.

My opinion is that you’ve made some logic errors the main one being that Zillow or Carvana will dominate as Amazon has and that those stocks will be as rewarding as Amazon was. I say very unlikely. But everyone draws their own conclusions and invests how they see fit. However, one thing that often happens is that people can become dug into their belief because they’ve argued a point or defended a company as a good investment that they believe will do well. It it sometimes different to then see new information or arguments objectively. “No. No. No. No!” Won’t make my points invalid to the future success of the businesses.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.