Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What you just said makes no sense at all if you're dealing with a pachinko machine that has a trillion holes.

What you just said is consistent with the reviews of Dawkins, Coyne, etc. so you're in good company.

It also demonstrates (what I believe to be) a lack of understanding of Behe's argument. I'm probably wrong, since I haven't read it yet. Someday.

What I've pieced together is that Behe says we can study the actual history of a bazillion* generations of the malaria parasite, and see what evolution has been able to accomplish, and that is more generations than were available for the entire history of mammals.

You don't have a trillion holes. You have at most what malaria has had, which is way more than all the mammals put together that have ever lived.

Do the math. If malaria has not been able to solve a problem (the sickle-cell defense) in it's bazillion opportunities, why think that mammals have been able to evolve so much more, with orders of magnitude less chances.

Handwaving by you and Dawkins doesn't even begin to answer this challenge.

Bryan

*a really big number used when I can't remember or don't know the actual number
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.