Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What you really need to do is recalculate your amended 2003 return as if you had not deducted the portion of the income taxes that were refunded. Then compare that to the amended return as you filed it to see if the taxes provided any benefit. If they did not, then the refund is not taxable.

OK. Then all I've got to do is haul my old computer and monitor out of the closet where I've got 2003 TT installed along with my 2003 returns. Could be worse--I could do it by hand, with the cap gains worksheet, AMT and some etc.

Thanks for both responses.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.