No. of Recommendations: 4
Whatever happened to that dude? I wanted to hear how his visit here [San Diego] went.
---------------------------------------

Not suire where the last month has gone. Actually, I do: VA, DC, Oklahoma, VA again and then NM, AZ, CA and Vegas to top it off. I think I've slept in my own bed for 9 nights in the last 35 or so!

Been doing some catching up this weekend, to say the least. Back in April, th wife and I headed out to San Diego for some business and I checked in here looking for advice. Here's how we filled our free time that week:

-- Gas Lamp District: great food, great bars and some wishful window shopping in the art galleries.

-- The USS Midway Museum: Excellent preservation/presentation of the last carrier commissioned in WWII (early 45), and saw service up thru the Gulf War. As ex-military, these kind of things always catch my interest.

- Cabrillo National Monument out on Point Loma. My business was with the Navy, and Point Loma was near where I was working. Cabrillo discovered San Diego Bay and was sailing about 50 years after Columbus, during the end of the Age of Discovery. Nearby Point Loma Lighthouse was also interesting and very worthwhile.

-- La Jolla. Great shopping down just north of San Diego proper. More window shopping, and we had a truly outstanding lunch overlooking the bay. Highly recommended!

-- Old Town San Diego. A couple of late afternoons and evening here, after work. Touristy, but fun.

-- Balboa Park. Worth a weekend by itself! We selected the Auto Museum:
http://www.balboapark.org/in-the-park/san-diego-automotive-m...
But there is lots more in Balboa Park than just this museum!

-- Finally, a great half day spent at the Hotel Coronado capped off our free time. One of truly Grand Hotels in the US. We plan on staying here, if we can swing it, on our next trip to San Diego.
http://www.hoteldel.com

Thanks for all the suggestions, and sorry for the delay in getting back to the thread!

Yoda
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.