No. of Recommendations: 1
Like everyone here I am disappointed, the content was great, the team dedicated and sharp, and frankly there aren't good replacements, M* cancelled their global service a few years back. The GG team like the Grateful Dead wasn't the best at what they did, they were the only one that did it.

Here is a question to everyone. Buffett says one shold buy stcoks where if they shut down the market for ten years we would still be happy to own them. Since GG goes dark soon this is a good time to put this into practice. since we're not Bufett lets scope it to 5 years, what GG stocks would/will you be happy to own for next five years, assuming no/limited coverage?

For my part,this where I think the teams's conservative value approach pays off, my list is

Brookfield Asset Management - great team, world class assets
Unilever - keep stealing shrimp off of PG's plate in emerging mkts
Arco Dorados - run the playbook
Femaa - ibid
Canadian Oil Sands - people will still want oil in 5 years
HDFC - mgmt team plus India

Whats on your list to hold for five years and why?

Wonder what Nathan and The Snake would recommend Given the above criteria.

Sad to sign off, GG for me was the only thing that made me enjoy reading The Economist more than I already do because I learned concrete ways to acf on ideas. I very much appreciate the value approach, and you hit all educate, amuse and enrich targets. But it is what it is, the public board can work surprisingly well. One exampe is the REIT board.
http://boards.fool.com/reminder-please-do-not-post-responses...

They have a post on rules of content and conduct, tons of original content, active posters, no trolls, and its a great public board just as good as any paid board, so it can be done. Lets hope we can make it work for GG too

To infinity and beyond

Gunnar
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.