No. of Recommendations: 3
What's the best low cost web hosting service?

You'll probably get more responses to this question over on the "Webmaster's Corner" board here at TMF. You can even search the archives over there and find plenty of prior discussions.

You will likely get a variety of responses because different people like different hosting services.

I have used 5 different hosting services and currently have somewhere between 15-20 sites published.

Without hesitation, I recommend www.crystaltech.com

Just as important as low cost is good, prompt, technical support service. If you have a problem at 8PM on Friday of a 3-day holiday weekend, you want a prompt and useful response to your concerns. www.crystaltech.com has never let me down. After using the other services, I'm amazed sometimes how fast they are to respond to email support questions.

I originally learned about www.crystaltech.com through a post someone else put up on the Webmaster's Corner board, so I'm happy to pass the information on to you.

Eventually there will be online ordering of products, but first the plan is to just establish a presence.

Save yourself a lot of time & frustration - get your online ordering plans in place before you establish a presence. It will save you from doing things twice.

Depending on what you're selling, you might even want to start off with using PayPal for payment processing. They have some great options that are simple to implement.

Come on over to the Webmaster's Corner board and provide a brief explanation of what you'll be selling and you should get plenty of assistance.

ShelbyBoy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.