Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 36
Nothing. Both use children as shields for political gain.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 59
Is the joke that there is someone hateful enough that they cannot tell the difference between President Obama and Hamas?
No. of Recommendations: 23
Is the joke that there is someone hateful enough that they cannot tell the difference between President Obama and Hamas?

This is a humor thread.

Actually, taking jokes seriously is a form of manipulation and arrogance. You should consider avoiding this kind of behavior – it's a really low way to spoil the atmosphere and stifles innovation, fun and creativity.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Jokes are not funny unless there is a bit of twisted truth to them.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"This is a humor thread."

I know. The humor isn't what you thought it was though.

"Actually, taking jokes seriously is a form of manipulation and arrogance."

Actually, taking obviously absurd statements seriously has a long history as a form of comedy.

I think the problem you have though was it hit too close to home. You recognized that once it was pointed out, you knew people wouldn't be able to tell if you were joking or not.

Also, you were projecting your own arrogance. Arrogance is telling other people how to act and telling them what they should find funny.

"You should consider avoiding this kind of behavior – it's a really low way to spoil the atmosphere and stifles innovation, fun and creativity."

There is nothing innovative, fun or creative in this thread that was spoiled by my joke. If anything, my joke was the most creative thing in this thread (not that there is much competition).
No. of Recommendations: 5
Obama gets terrorists killed and Hamas is getting their butts kicked by the IDF?

Obama kicked McCain and Romney's butt and Hamas is getting their butts kicked?

My stock portfolio is up like 100% with Obama and Hamas doesn't have a stock portfolio?

Fewer of Obama's citizens are getting killed in dumba$$ wars and more of Hamas' citizen's are getting killed in dumba$$ wars?

Obama put thru law that ensures American children will HAVE healthcare insurance and Hamas is ensuring their children will get killed?

Obama was born in America and most members of Hamas were not? (know you will love that... where again were McCain and Ted Cruz born again? What about Romeny's father? The "Immigrant"?)

Pick one from above - I got a few more for you......
No. of Recommendations: 34
"where again were McCain and Ted Cruz born again? What about Romeny's father? The "Immigrant"?"

Cruz makes no secret about having been born in Canada, and never presented a Kinko copy birth certificate to prove otherwise. McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone in a US Naval Hospital, a yet undefined gray area with respect to definition of "natural born US citizen". He, like Cruz, had made no secret of his birthplace. Romney's is a natural born US citizen. His father's status is dependent on whom you ask, but the elder Romney is not the one who ran for the presidency in 2012, so the point is moot, and your arguments are just so much fluff.

~aj
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nothing. Both use children as shields for political gain.

Conservatives have almost zero understanding of what creates humor.

Unless you were just repeating an urban legend, in which case, you should perhaps include that information.
No. of Recommendations: 8

----

There's a difference?
Cruz makes no secret about having been born in Canada... He, like Cruz, had made no secret of his birthplace.

Obama made a secret of his birthplace? I recall him saying "Hawaii" pretty consistently.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The humor isn't what you thought it was though.

So says the lib. And if anyone knows what's funny, it's a librul!
So says the lib. And if anyone knows what's funny, it's a librul!

So tell us a joke you think is funny.

OJ: Two muffins are in an oven. One says to the other, "Wow is it hot in here!" The other one says, "Ahh! a talking muffin!"
No. of Recommendations: 7
OJ: Two muffins are in an oven. One says to the other, "Wow is it hot in here!" The other one says, "Ahh! a talking muffin!"

If libs' keep trying to sterilize society with PC, that is the only type of humor allowed. none.
..."Romney's is a natural born US citizen. His father's status is dependent on whom you ask, but the elder Romney is not the one who ran for the presidency in 2012, so the point is moot, and your arguments are just so much fluff.

~aj."

..and you know what fluff smells like.
Obama has to put up with ignorant tripe like this. Hammas doesn't.
McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone in a US Naval Hospital, a yet undefined gray area with respect to definition of "natural born US citizen".

You have no idea what you're talking about. McCain's parents were both US citizens, and so he could have been born on Mars and he'd still be a citizen.
They are both green.

One with an alleged green agenda and the other a green flag. Otherwise, not so much.

W
No. of Recommendations: 0
If libs' keep trying to sterilize society with PC, that is the only type of humor allowed. none.

Ha ha! Funny joke.

When I think "conservative humor" I think "Carlos Mencia," "Greg Gutfield," "Dennis Miller," "Andrew Dice Clay", e.g. "not funny".
When I think "conservative humor" I think "Carlos Mencia," "Greg Gutfield," "Dennis Miller," "Andrew Dice Clay",

Don't know about those other guys, but Greg Gutfield and Dennis Miller are very funny.

Greg Gutfield is on "The Five" (on the FOXNews channel) and is most of the reason I watch that show. Greg Gutfield also hosts "Red Eye" (on the FOXNews channel) but it's on late at night and he and guest comedians are too far out for my taste.

Dennis Miller appears occasionally on The O'Reilly Factor and I'll tune in to watch him. O'Reilly is pretty much obnoxious.
Don't know about those other guys, but Greg Gutfield and Dennis Miller are very funny.

No, they're not. That's why they're on FOX on the "news" side, not on the "comedy" side. They wouldn't last half a season.

Miller was occasionally funny when he was on SNL. Now, not so much. Hateful comedy just isn't funny.

Punching the powerful - potentially funny. Punching the powerless - you look like an a**hole.
No. of Recommendations: 13

No, they're not. That's why they're on FOX on the "news" side, not on the "comedy" side. They wouldn't last half a season.

Wrong.

If Greg Gutfield and Dennis Miller had to depend on whatever FOXNews pays them (I don't know if they are paid at all) for a living they'd be broke.

If you'd actually listen to them you'd hear it announced every once in awhile that they'll be appearing at this or that comedy club or as guest speakers (can anyone spell "honorarium"?) at conventions and such.

"Hateful" is the word I'd use to describe your ignorant posts about them.

So they just yuk it up about airplane food on Fox?

No. They make fun of poor people, unions, welfare programs, yadda eider.

Not funny.
No. of Recommendations: 7

So they just yuk it up about airplane food on Fox?

"airplane food"? What FOXNews channel program(s) have you been watching?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-another-awesome-greg-gutfel...

"What Do You Call An Angry Feminist On Mother's Day? You Don't"
-- Greg Gutfeld

"The people who whine about Fox News are hypocrites - they say they're totally tolerant, but when they run into someone who doesn't share their assumptions, they say, 'Fox News is evil, and it must be stopped.'"
-- Greg Gutfeld

“People ask me what I am politically and I've previously offered this equation: I became a conservative by being around liberals. And I became a libertarian after being around conservatives.”
? Greg Gutfeld, The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage
-- Greg Gutfeld

“A funny thing about tolerant people? They're really only tolerant when you agree with them.”
? Greg Gutfeld,

The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage
-- Greg Gutfeld

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/greg_gutfeld.htm...

A note to any 'outsiders' who've been reading this exchange, don't take our word for it, tune in to The Five and Red Eye on FOXNews and watch for yourself.