No. of Recommendations: 3
Mine is walking on the beach (we're 10 minutes away). In SC, all beach is open to the public. Where there are private homes/businesses along the beach, there are frequent paths between them for the public, and places to park along the edge of the road. It is my abosolute favorite thing about South Carolina.

We did that today. I like to walk through the edge of the surf, about halfway up my calves. The ocean temperature at Isle of Palms is perfect. And--free pedicure! at least the part where they remove old skin from the bottom of your feet.

My other fave free/cheap activities include walking the trails & boardwalks in various town and county parks. Say what you will about South Carolina (and I do-), we have lovely scenery.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.