Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK here is a simple question. I need the response from those of you experienced enough in the negotiaition game. So Im working with my attorney right, and Im paying attention to what he really does. Ive made three offers and have actually had the contracts sent to my attorneys office and then I go and sign, but these contracts are really straight forward. Im wondering when do you REALLY need your attorney, at the moment of signing the contract onwards or can I just use common sense(I am very intelligent..:))structure my deals and then when it comes time for say title search I then bring in my attorney. It seems to me that paying my atorney on average of $100 per signing(I mean he does call the sellers atorney if and when they are snags, but on these three offers they were minamal)is a little bit of a waste.

So from you experts please tell me when do you actually bring in your attorney on a deal.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.